Since the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus in humans, there has been a panicky situation created among people. There are more than 75,000 cases in China and thousands of cases confirmed in other countries (especially East and Southeast Countries). The scientists are still working on a vaccination for coronavirus. Till then, the people need to prepare themselves by following some Do's and Don'ts to keep COVID-19 at bay.
Learn What You Need to Do and Need Not to Do to Protect Yourself
- Wash your hands frequently (several times a day) for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If you are in a situation where you can't avail soap and water, clean hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Make sure to clean your hand before eating or cooking, after sneezing or coughing, after touching a metal surface, after touching a sick person and after using the toilet.
- Keep a check on the symptoms of coronavirus, which can range from common cough and fever to shortness of breath.
- Wear a face mask if you already are suffering from the common symptoms of the virus.
- Stay extra cautious at public places and if possible, avoid crowds and frequenting such places. Moreover, if you are over 60 years old or have a low risk tolerance, it is better to stay at home. The studies have shown that people with low risk tolerance and seniors are more likely to get prone to COVID-19. Also, people with pre-existing conditions such as heart problems, diabetes and respiratory diseases also fall under the category high-risk group.
- Delay or cancel your trips to the affected countries. Many airlines around the world have canceled their flights to China. People falling under high-risk groups must avoid traveling to countries severely infected.
- Get yourself and your family covered under the health insurance policy.
- If you are feeling sick, contact your doctor to know the procedure about what to do, instead of directly visiting the clinic, to avoid transmitting the infection to others.
- Don't touch your mouth, eyes, and nose if your hands are not washed. Unwashed hands might have virus that can enter your body when you touch the face.
- Don't go outside of the home if you are not feeling well. If you are already traveling and get sick on the flight or cruise, inform the crew members immediately. Contact your doctor as soon as you get home.
- Don't panic, according to public health officials the risk of coronavirus is still not that high. Prepare yourself and take proper precautions to save yourself from the attack. Not having or renewing your health insurance can be a big mistake.
Now that you are aware of all the Do's and Don'ts of contracting coronavirus, you can save yourself and your companions from this deadly virus to a high extent. The experts advise you to buy health insurance plans from reputed companies to add an extra layer of financial protection. Reliance General Insurance provides covers against COVID-19*, so you can at least have peace of mind in terms of medical expenses.