All permanent exclusions shall apply individually for each Insured Person under the Arogya Sanjeevani health policy and claims shall be assessed accordingly.
We will not make any payment for any claim in respect of any Insured Person directly or indirectly for, caused by, arising from or in any way attributable to any of the following unless expressly stated to the contrary in this Arogya Sanjeevani Policy:
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- Investigation & Evaluation
- Rest Cure, rehabilitation and respite care
- Obesity/Weight control
- Change-of-Gender treatments
- Cosmetic or Plastic surgery (unless due to accidental injury)
- Hazardous or Adventure sports
- Breach of law
- Excluded providers
- Addictions, Drug / Substance Abuse
- Alternate Therapy and Rejuvenation
- Dietary Supplements & Substances
- Refractive Error
- Unproven Treatments
- Sterility and Infertility
- Dental Treatment (unless due to accidental injury)
- Non-medical expenses
- Outpatient treatment (OPD)
- Overseas treatment
- War or similar situations
- Nuclear, chemical or Biological attack
*All exclusions are subject to terms and conditions of the policy, please read complete policy wordings before concluding sales
Click here to read the policy wordings to know more about the exclusions of Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
How to File a Claim
Filing a claim is simple and quick today. Here’s how you can file a claim with Reliance General Insurance:
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy FAQs
1. Who can buy an Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance policy?
Any individual between the age of 18 to 65 years can purchase an Arogya Sanjeevani policy. If opting for a family plan, children from 3 months to up to 25 years can be added.
2. Is there a waiting period involved for the Arogya Sanjeevani policy?
Yes, there are three different waiting periods for this policy, the initial 30-day waiting period, 48 months for pre-existing diseases, and 24/48 month for specific illnesses.
3. Is it possible to port my existing policy to an Arogya Sanjeevani health policy?
Yes, it is possible to port your policy as per the rules stipulated by the IRDAI. Porting is possible during the time of policy renewal.
4. What is the age limit and eligibility for Arogya Sanjeevani policy?
Adults between the age of 18 to 65 years are eligible to purchase an Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance policy.
5. How long does the Arogya Sanjeevani policy cover me for?
The policy will cover you for a period of one year after which you can opt to renew it for a further 12 months.
6. Where can I avail the benefits of my Arogya Sanjeevani policy?
You can get cashless treatments from the 8,600+ network hospitals of Reliance General Insurance. At non-network hospitals, you can make claims for reimbursement after treatment is done.
7. Is treatment covered outside India too?
No, treatment done outside of India is not covered under the Arogya Sanjeevani policy. Reliance General Insurance has other health insurance products that will cover international treatments like Reliance Health Infinity and Reliance Super Top-Up Plan.
8. Will I have to pay anything toward my treatments with an Arogya Sanjeevani policy?
Yes, there is a 5% co-payment clause for every claim under the Arogya Sanjeevani policy.
Here’s what our customers say about us!
"Good health insurance policy"
A decent policy by Reliance which covers hopitalization and helped me recover expenses.
12 December 2019, Kerala
"Health insurance with cashless benefit"
It is a good health insurance policy which cover hospitalization and helped me avail cashless hospitalization
13 February 2020, Hyderabad
"Customizable health insurance policy"
I could select and customize the health insurance plan as per my needs. It was good to purchase the health insurance plan as needed.
5 February 2020, Vijayawada
"Don't miss health insurance"
I paid my own bills last year when I was admitted to the hospital and it was painful as I didn't had a health insurance policy
14 January 2019, Bengaluru