Your privacy is important to us, and we want you to feel secure visiting our (i.e. “Reliance General Insurance Company Limited (“RGICL”) Website”) site. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, processed, and used during RGICL’s engagement with you. Please read this notice carefully.
This policy outlined herein is not intended to do nor create any contractual or financial or any other legal rights in favour of any User or viewer or any other party.
We collect, use and process various types of personal information about customer accounts to the extent appropriate for your relationship with us. The personal information that we collect about you may include but is not limited to name, address, email address, telephone and mobile number, date of birth, bank details, monthly income, vehicle number, personal identifiers such as passport number, permanent account number, driving license, other personally identifiable information and sensitive personal data or information as defined in the Information Security Rules, 2011. Aadhaar data is collected as per Aadhaar Act and related regulations by following due procedures outlined for notice and consent.
The collection of personal information about you is from a variety of sources, including through:
Online and electronic interactions including via website of our company / group companies, mobile applications, text messaging programs or applications on third party social networks
Offline interactions, including via direct marketing campaigns, hard copy registration / application forms, competition entries and contacts through Company's call centres; and Your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) or service providers on our behalf, provided to you via third party websites or applications.
Aadhaar data for undertaking KYC requirements:
- Aadhar number is a legally recognized mode to comply with KYC norms. Instead of using physical copy of Aadhar number, the customer has the option for authentication of Aadhar number through Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR) in accordance with section 3 (i.e., Types of authentication facility) of Aadhaar (Authentication and Offline Verification) Regulations, 2021.
- RGCIL will provide a notice to the customer and to parent or guardian in case of a child, (in a language understandable to customer) on the nature of information that may be shared upon authentication/offline verification and uses to which the information received may be put by RGCIL. This notice also will contain the alternatives to the submission of the Aadhaar number for authentication/offline verification.
- The customer can voluntarily agree to undertake eKYC or alternatively provide any other officially valid document to meet the KYC requirement.
We use and process customer's personal information (excluding Aadhaar data) for a range of purposes, which may include but is not limited to:
- To provide with products and services;
- To fulfil requests
- To deliver administrative notices or alert relevant to use of service
- To facilitate transactions;
- To check the identity and suitability of clients for certain products and services;
- To ensure the security and operation of our Information Technology environment;
- To use it for marketing and advertising measures (e.g. newsletters via e-mail, online advertising);
- To detect, prevent and investigate fraud;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- To comply with the legal process to respond to requests from public, regulatory or government authorities;
- To perform internal business processes such as data analysis, audits, developing and improving new products and services;
- To third party services entity that provide services to the Company and are bound by these same privacy restrictions.
- As part of sale, merger or similar change of the business or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and related group companies;
We process all your personal information in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection and for as long as required. You may inform us at any time not to share your Personal Information with third parties by writing to us at –firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information may be shared for any of the purposes described in the document.
We may share personal information with our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and related group companies as per guidelines given under IT Act/Rules. We don't disclose any Aadhaar data to third party contrary to Aadhaar Act and related regulations. Our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related group companies are committed to protecting personal information and to use it only for legitimate business purposes.
We may also share personal information with government agencies mandated under the law to obtain personal information including sensitive personal data or information for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
We shall obtain your consent in writing (and includes electronic consent) before collecting personal information for providing Services. Personal information for purposes of this Policy includes information that identifies you, such as your name, date of birth, bank account details or credit card or debit card, phone number, fax number or email address etc., and include gender, marital status, city of residence. All Personal information so provided will be on an 'as on' basis and Company shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the personal information supplied by you.
Services shall include all provisions of services and facilities and connected activities which are provided in connection with offering of products and services as a customer of the Company.
The prospective customer must give a specific consent for fetching the data from Unique Identification Authority of India (“UIDAI") after reading through the information given. In case the e-KYC is done of the child then the consent will have to be given by the parent or guardian. This is per Sec 5 and 6 of the Aadhaar (Authentication and Offline Verification) Regulations, 2021.
Review of Information / Account deactivation / Removal of Information
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and means of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- If at any time a user wishes to review the Information provided to us at the time of registering with us or at any time thereafter, you may do so by signing into your account and amending the same. We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving promotional and marketing-related communications from us, after setting up an account. All users are also given the option of cancelling their user accounts and bringing to our attention their desire to discontinue the use of our services.
- Update and correct your personal data so that it is accurate;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, e.g. where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- Obtain your personal data in an electronic format;
- File a complaint with us and/or the relevant data protection authority; and
- Object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing).
Retention of Personal Information
The Company or any Third-Party Service Entity shall not retain personal information longer than the purpose for which it is sought is served or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force or in accordance with the data retention policy, if any. The personal information so collected shall be used only for the purpose for which it is collected and, in the manner, agreed by you. Personal information however may remain on the servers unless otherwise deleted or purged permanently. If you provide Personal Information of beneficiaries/dependents/other individuals to RGICL, you agree:
- (b) to obtain any legally required consent of Personal Information about the individual in accordance with this.
Links to Other Sites
Reasonable Security Practices
We will make every effort to take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to ensure that your personal information processed within the IT environment controlled is protected against unauthorised access, misuse, loss and/or destruction, taking account of the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We take both physical and electronic process-specific security measures, including firewalls, personal passwords, and encryption and authentication technologies. Our employees and the service providers commissioned by us are bound by professional secrecy and must comply with all data protection provisions.
We undertake reasonable precautions to protect our Information & Communications Technology Infrastructure and our customer's digital personally identifiable information like identity, address, demographic information, PAN, and any other collected information, from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We store only relevant demographic data and/or photo of the policy holder to execute operational processes.
- All data in transit between customer's system to our website/s are encrypted using Public Key Infrastructure with strong encryption keys.
Blocking IP Addresses
RGICL uses the help of Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses to diagnose any problems with its server and to administer its web site including by blocking certain addresses that it feels are inappropriately using its website.
RGICL retains the right to communicate with you (via e-mail, SMS, push notifications, postal service / courier or mobile messaging services or any other digital properties) when you have agreed to receive such communication or where operational or regulatory requirements require Us to do so. RGICL further retains its right to communicate through third party vendors. You shall have the option to unsubscribe to receive such email communication.
Notice of Change
Reliance General Insurance Company Limited
6th Floor, Oberoi Commerz-1, International Business Park, Oberoi Garden City, off. Western Express Highway,
Goregaon (E), Mumbai- 400063.
Phone No: +91 22 48903009/1800-3009