When travelling abroad there is a laundry list of things to take care of. When it comes to travelling abroad for the purpose of higher studies, the list can seem never-ending! If it is your child who is going abroad, the whole task can seem very daunting if you have not planned carefully. Passport formalities, accommodation arrangements, University documentation and associated formalities, academic necessaries are some of the few things that should be given utmost prudence amongst the many.
In order to ensure that your child is safe and secure while he/she is studying abroad, it is a given that you would leave no stone unturned. And there is no reason not to! Your child is the apple of your eye and you have always been there for him/her. In this regard, the most important thing you can do for your child planning to study abroad is making sure he/she avails an international travel insurance policy. Here’s why..
When your child is travelling abroad for academic pursuits, the biggest risk he or she faces is the risk pertaining to health and medical emergencies. In order to safeguard your ward against it in the best possible way, it is highly recommended that you buy a robust student travel insurance policy.
When it comes to international travel, coverage against health and medical assistance is the most integral part. This can be simply attributed to the fact that medical care is extremely expensive in foreign countries. In particular, countries such as the UK, US, Australia and Canada. In the unfortunate event that your child happens to fall sick and need emergency hospitalisation, it can burn a huge hole in your pocket. With a
travel insurance policy
providing sufficient coverage for health, you can rest assured in the fact that all the medical expenses will be covered.
In general, it is advisable that you purchase the travel insurance policy from India for your child. It will help you save a lot on the insurance premium. That said, it is not always possible to do so. Some foreign universities necessitate that you buy the travel policy from their designated insurance company. In other cases, there might be certain stipulations and conditions that may be mandatory for the concerned university because of which buying a travel insurance policy from India is not possible. In such cases, you would have no choice but go with the one offered or recommended by the University.
There are certain important features that you need to look out for when buying
student travel insurance
for your child. Some of them are as follows.
- Emergency medical expenses incurred by you whilst abroad, for any sudden illness, injury or death
- Emergency expenses made for medical evacuation to India
- Acute anaesthetic treatment of teeth due to an injury
- Accidental bodily injury during the trip
- Cost of obtaining a fresh or duplicate passport in case of a lost passport
- Total loss of your checked-in baggage by a common carrier
- Reimbursement of return ticket fare for a family member visiting you
- Payment of bail amount to the appropriate authority, if you’re arrested or detained by any judicial authorities for a bailable offence, while abroad.
- Reimbursement of current (paid) semester fee, if your education is interrupted due to a medical condition.
With a Reliance Student Travel Insurance policy, you get all the above features for your child at an incredible premium!