Reliance Corona Kavach Policy Benefits
The global pandemic novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected millions of people around the world, and the count is increasing day by day. Since COVID-19 is a novel disease with no specific vaccines or treatments, all the Coronavirus infected patients are been treated in hospitals & the treatment expense are very high. To avoid the financial burden & take care of hospitalization expense, one should opt for a comprehensive health cover.
What does Corona Kavach Policy Cover?
Corona Kavach Policy, Reliance General is an affordable Health Insurance policy that protects you and your family against hospitalization expenses due to COVID-19. The coverage starts from the day you get diagnosed with COVID-19 infection. However, this health insurance has a standard waiting period of 15 days.
What does Corona Kavach Policy Cover?
| Benefits ||Description|
|Product Type||Individual & Floater|
|Sum Insured||50K, 1L, 1.5L, 2L, 2.5L, 3L, 3.5L, 4L, 4.5L, 5L|
|Policy Period||3½ months (105 days), 6½ months (195 days) and 9½ months (285 days)|
|Waiting Period||15 Days waiting period|
Child Age: 1 day to 25 yrs* |
Adult Age: 18 yrs to 65 yrs* |
Base Covers for Corona Kavach Policy
|Hospitalisation Cover||Covers Medical Expenses incurred on Hospitalisation due to Diagnosis of presence of COVID-19
- Room, Boarding, Nursing Expenses as provided by the Hospital/Nursing Home
- Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees# whether paid directly to the treating doctor/surgeon or to the hospital
- Anesthesia, blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges, surgical appliances, ventilator charges, medicines and drugs, costs towards diagnostics, diagnostic imaging modalities, PPE Kit, gloves, mask and such other similar expenses (Expenses on Hospitalization for a minimum period of 24 hours are admissible)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) expenses
- Expenses incurred on road Ambulance subject to a maximum of Rs.2000/- per hospitalization
|Home Care Treatment Cover||Covers the medical expenses during home treatment for COVID for a maximum of 14 days during the policy period
- Diagnostic tests undergone at home or at diagnostics center
- Medicines prescribed in writing
- Consultation charges of the medical practitioner
- Nursing charges related to medical staff
- Medical procedures limited to parenteral administration of medicines
- Cost of Pulse oximeter, Oxygen cylinder and Nebulizer
|AYUSH Treatment||The medical expenses for in-patient treatment** taken under Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy for COVID positive diagnosis are covered up to the sum insured without any sub-limits.|
|Pre-Hospitalisation Cover||Covers the Medical Expenses incurred up to 15 days prior to date of Hospitalisation|
|Post-Hospitalisation Cover||Covers the Medical Expenses incurred up to 30 days post discharge from the Hospital|
|Hospital Daily Cash Cover||Daily cash pay-out for each 24 hours of hospitalisation for a maximum up to 15 days. Applicable for hospitalisation cover only.|
#Including consultation through telemedicine as per Telemedicine Practice Guideline of 25th March 2020
**Treatment taken in a government authorized hospitals
What Should You Know About Corona Kavach Policy Cancellation?
The company may cancel the policy at anytime on grounds of mis-representation, non-disclosure of material facts, fraud by insured person, by giving 7days written notice. There would be no refund of premium on cancellation on grounds of mis-representation.
Exclusions of Corona Kavach Policy***
All permanent exclusions shall apply individually for each insured person under the
Corona Kavach Policy, Reliance General and claims shall be assessed accordingly
- Treatment taken for any pre-existing disease
- Travel to any restricted countries
- Diagnosis done at unauthorized testing centres
- Diagnosis/Treatment taken outside India
- Expenses incurred on Day Care & OPD Treatment
- Claims related to COVID where the diagnosis prior to policy start date
- Dietary Supplements and Substances purchased without prescription
- Expenses done for Unproven Treatments which lacks significant medical documentation
Click here to view the declined list of health issues before buying Corona Kavach policy.
***All exclusions are subject to terms and conditions of the policy, please read complete policy wordings before concluding sales
Click here to read the policy wordings to know more about the exclusions of
Corona Kavach Policy, Reliance General. Corona Kavach Policy, Reliance General product UIN: RELHLIP21092V012021
Popular Searches -