Let's celebrate the World Autism Awareness Day
Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a complex condition that affects social skills, communication, and repetitive behaviors.
Signs of autism[1,2]
Autistic signs may appear as early as 18 months of age and include:
1. Loss of previously acquired speech
2. Difficulty with eye contact
3. Delayed cognitive or learning skills.
4. Unusual emotional or mood fluctuations.
5. Repetitive behaviors such as flapping or rocking
Despite myths and misconceptions, autism is not caused by vaccines and people with autism can learn and improve with effective therapy.
Breaking through the barriers of ASD requires:
4. Respect for personal space and physical activity
Let's celebrate the unique qualities of people with autism and promote:
1. Understanding: to communicate more effectively and provide the necessary support.
2. Acceptance: So that they are not judged based on their differences, rather we recognize their unique qualities.
3. Support: Individuals with autism may requirea bit of special support depending on their needs& to thrive and reach their full potential.
"Let's come together and embrace the differences that make us unique. Together, we can create a world where everyone is accepted and valued for who they are, including those with Autism."