Let us re-imagine a world where clean air, water &
food are available to all. However, are the global economies focused on Health
& Well-being through enhancements in health services and environmental
Facts & Stats ^^
1. Air pollution kills 13 people every minute due to lung cancer, heart disease & strokes.
2. 9/10 people breathe polluted air.
3. Climate change is a threat to human health.
4. About 2 billion people lack safe drinking water globally.
5. Tobacco kills more than 8 million people every year & is highly addictive.
6. 829,000 people die from the diarrhoeal disease every year caused by polluted water & poor sanitation.
7. An estimated one million premature deaths per year are attributable to known avoidable environmental risks.
What can I do to protect my planet & our health? **
1. Please opt for public transport whenever possible.
2. Switch to renewable energy sources like Solar power, EV etc.
3. Avoid wastage of electricity and water.
4. Buy fresh groceries from local vendors & avoid highly processed foods & beverages.
5. Tobacco is a killer & a polluter. Quit Tobacco.
6. Buy less plastic; use recyclable grocery bags.
Foster a movement to create societies focused on well-being.
On this World Health Day, let us vow for a Healthy World where all can live a longer, happier and healthy life!