Types Of Car Insurance Plans Offered By Reliance General Insurance
i20 insurance plans offered by Reliance General Insurance include:
Third-party Car Insurance: This policy protects you against accidents caused by your vehicle that impact third-parties, such as vehicle/property damage, injuries sustained by them, or their death.
Own Damage Car insurance: Own damage insurance plans protect you financially if your vehicle is damaged due to accidents, natural calamities, human-made incidents, etc.
Comprehensive Car Insurance: Comprehensive car insurance covers you against third-party liabilities and own damages under one plan. You can also customise this policy with add-on riders.
Coverage Under Hyundai i20 Insurance
Your i20 insurance policy typically offers you coverage against:
- Any damages, injuries and losses (including death) of third parties, caused by your vehicle.
- Car repair costs following an accident or mishap caused you your or third-party vehicle.
- The cost of towing your car to a nearby network garage.
- Costs associated with damages caused by natural calamities.
- Costs associated with damages caused due to human-made incidents, including riots and thefts.
- Damages caused to the vehicle during the transit process by road, rail, air, etc.
Insurers may reject your claim under the following circumstances:
- Driving your vehicle without a valid license, or while being intoxicated.
- Costs associated with the regular usage, leading to wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Violating the policy terms, e.g., using your private car for commercial purposes.
- Filing claims against an expired or lapsed policy.
- Vehicle damage due to wars, invasion, nuclear explosions, biochemical attacks, etc.
- Negligent behaviour, e.g., leaving the keys in ignition and stepping out of the car, causing theft.
Note: The scope of coverage differs based on the policy you choose. Third-party and own-damage policies typically provide limited coverage as compared to comprehensive policies.
Buying Your Hyundai i20 Car Insurance Online From RGI
Today, you can easily purchase car insurance online from the comfort of your home. Following are the steps to buy i20 insurance online.
- Select a policy from the various car insurance options on the Reliance General Insurance website.
- Fill in details like the make and model of the car, the registration number, etc., and enter your personal details like your name, mobile number, email ID, etc.
- Select your preferred insurance policy and the applicable add-on riders (provided only with comprehensive insurance plans).
- You will get an instant insurance quote, after which you must upload copies of the necessary documents and pay the premium to complete the buying process.
- The insurer mails you the new i20 insurance policy on your registered email ID. You can store it digitally or take a print out of it.
Besides car insurance, you can buy and renew health insurance plans online. Reliance General Insurance offers an array of
health insurance plans to help you get the best treatment money can buy.
Hyundai i20 Car Variants
You can choose from petrol and diesel variants of the Hyundai i20. While petrol variant comes equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission version, the diesel variant is equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission. Additionally, the Hyundai i20 is a 5-seater hatchback which is both affordable and requires low maintenance.
Insurance for i20 car from Reliance General Insurance – Factors Impacting Premium Costs
Insurers consider the make, model, and year of the car. They also take into account factors like your chosen insurance plan and coverage, your location, the vehicle’s Insured Declared Value (IDV), etc, along with your driving record and the number of claims filed, etc., to determine the premium amount.
You must choose the right IDV for your car. This way, you can get an affordable premium quote, while ensuring total protection for your Hyundai i20. If your car gets into an accident or it is damaged beyond repair, the IDV is the maximum compensation you can claim, so make sure you consider it thoroughly.
Reasons to Buy i20 Car Insurance Plans from Reliance General Insurance
- We have an excellent claim settlement ratio.
- We have partnered with over 8500 network garages nationwide, offering cashless repair services.
- You can count on our round-the-clock customer care helpline for assistance.
- You can easily record and submit videos in case of accidents or policy lapse on the Reliance self-i App
- We accept both cashless and reimbursement claims
- We provide various digital ways to buy and renew policies
- You can reduce your insurance costs by utilising discounts, deals, and features like No-claims bonus
Is it mandatory to buy car insurance in India?
Yes, per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, all vehicle owners must at least buy third-party liability insurance plans to be eligible to drive in India.
How do I renew my Hyundai i20 car insurance online?
You can complete the Hyundai i20 insurance renewal process online on our website. The renewal steps typically mirror the policy purchase steps. However, since we would already have your policy details, you only need modify your policy (if needed) and pay the premiums to renew your car insurance plan.
What are the add-ons for i20 car insurance?
You can choose from Reliance General Insurance’s range of add-on riders with your comprehensive insurance for i20 car. The most popular ones include Nil depreciation cover, Consumable cover, Personal accident cover, Emergency Road-side assistance cover, Engine Protection Cover.
How can I reduce the premiums of my Hyundai i20 car insurance plan?
You can reduce your premiums and enjoy exclusive discounts by taking certain measures and precautions to safeguard your car. For instance, you can install anti-theft devices or become an Automobiles Association of India (AAI) member. Additionally, not filing insurance claims and accumulating the No Claims Bonus (NCB) also helps reduce premiums.
What is NCB in car insurance?
NCB is a reward offered in the form of a discount on your insurance premiums. You can avail this discount by not filing insurance claims. The discount accumulates with every claim-free year in the first five years, until you can get 50% discount on your premiums for five consecutive claim-free years.
Whatever your insurance needs may be, we at Reliance General Insurance have you covered. Browse our extensive catalogue of products including health insurance, car insurance, bike insurance and