A comprehensive car insurance policy is the most superior kind of protection you can provide your car with. It is one step ahead of the basic third-party car insurance policy that offers protection and security only for the third-party or the vehicle you dash into. Third-party insurance fails to cover your own vehicle against the possibility of an accident. Comprehensive insurance on the other hand provides extensive coverage and offers more services.
Benefits of Buying Comprehensive car insurance
A comprehensive car insurance policy protects your car from any unforeseen event except collision. It also covers for losses incurred during an accident. Let’s take a look at the various other benefits of this “other than collision” cover:
- It is the highest level of protection you can give your car
- If you are found to be at fault in event of an accident, with comprehensive car insurance, you can claim for losses incurred in such situations
- It covers lawsuits, including legal fees brought against you as a result of an accident
- Peace of mind and financial protection
- Offers financial aid in case your car is written off
- Unlike third-party insurance, it covers from damages caused to your own car during an accident
What Does Comprehensive Insurance Cover?
In order to avoid any last minute surprises, it is always better to have a complete grasp on the inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your vehicle insurance policy
. For that, you must read it very carefully. Generally, you won’t need to worry about the following, as they will be covered under your
comprehensive car insurance:
- Damage caused by Natural disasters or severe weather
- Damage to third party
- Damage to your vehicle caused by falling objects such as trees
- Damage or destruction of your vehicle caused by an act of civil disturbance such as riots
What Does Comprehensive Insurance Not Cover?
If your vehicle endures damage due to a collision, then a car insurance claim cannot be made unless you have a comprehensive car insurance. Similarly, there a bunch of things that have been excluded from a comprehensive car insurance:
- Wear and tear of the vehicle
- Electrical or Mechanical breakdown
- Damage caused to the vehicle by a person driving without a valid license
- Damage caused due to drunken driving
- Damage caused due to driving under the influence of drugs
- Damage to tyres and tubes. However, if the vehicle is damaged at the same time, liability of the company will be limited to 50% of the replacement cost
- Loss / damage to the car caused by war, mutiny or nuclear risk
Although comprehensive car insurance
offers more coverage than a Third-party cover, it is not necessary that a comprehensive cover will always be expensive. You must compare comprehensive car insurance quotes online to check what suits you best. Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance is the best choice for you if you wish to pamper your car and give it maximum protection. Get a Reliance comprehensive car insurance quote now and save thousands on your premium.