Why switch to Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance-
Annual multi-trip travel insurance offers coverage for as many trips as one likes during a year. Although, the coverage offered with this policy is similar to the ones offered with the single trip travel insurance plan, a traveler can avail the benefit to not buy insurance each time he travels abroad.
We recommend you to switch to annual multi-trip travel insurance as it can turn out to be much more economical than the single trip travel insurance plan, for frequent travelers.
Here’s an illustration why you should switch to the convenience of an annual multi-trip travel insurance-
*Calculation of premium for Single Trip Insurance has been derived assuming that an individual who is 41 years old is travelling to ‘World including USA & Canada’ for 45 days, 3 times in a year and for Annual Mutli- Trip Insurance is for an individual who is 41 years old, travelling to World including USA & Canada for 45 days. The tax rates/benefits mentioned above are subject to changes in the tax laws.
What does my policy cover?
Frequent flyers, With our annual multi trip travel insurance policy you are insured for all of the following things while you’re travelling!
- Accidental bodily injury during the trip
- Acute anaesthetic treatment of teeth due to an injury
- Emergency expenses made for medical evacuation to India
- Insurance against burglary in your home, while you are travelling abroad
- Special distress allowance if your plane is hijacked for more than 12 hours
- Cost of obtaining a fresh or duplicate passport in case of a lost passport
- Facility to provide you emergency cash in case you lose travel funds due to theft
- Expenses incurred if you miss a connecting flight due to a delay of more than 3 hours
- Compensation for death or permanent disability due to an accident, while riding as a passenger in a common carrier
- Expenses incurred if a trip is cancelled or interrupted due to airline, medical, personal employment problems or natural disasters
- Emergency medical expenses incurred by you or any of your family members whilst abroad, for any sudden illness, injury or death
- Expenses incurred while transporting the insured’s mortal remains back home or towards burial abroad in case of an untimely demise
- Expenses incurred if a trip is delayed for more than 12 hours due to airline, medical, personal employment problems or natural disasters
- If your checked baggage is delayed more than 12 hours, your essential expenses shall be reimbursed. In case of total loss of baggage by the common carrier, we will provide compensation for the same.
- Reimbursement of return ticket fare for a family member visiting you, the insured, if you’re hospitalised for more than 7 days
- Compensation for a third party in case your involuntarily actions result in someone’s demise, cause someone injury or damage to health or property
What does my policy not cover?
We have tried and made sure you get the maximum benefits with our
travel insurance, unfortunately, you’re not covered under the annual multi trip annual travel insurance for the following while you’re off discovering the world!
- Pre-existing medical conditions, unless it’s a life threatening condition
- Life threatening conditions covered only arising out of disclosed pre-existing diseases, which are mentioned in the policy schedule, for people upto 70 years of age. Customers need to declare all pre-existing diseases while taking the policy.
- Claims arising out of non- disclosed and non-declared pre-existing medical conditions will not be covered.
- Expenses incurred due to any of the following conditions:
- Self-inflicted injuries or illnesses
- Mental disorder
- Anxiety, stress or depression
- Venereal diseases
- Alcohol/drug abuse
- Expenses incurred if you’re...
- Traveling against the advice of physician and have to be hospitalised.
- Receiving or are on a waiting list for specified medical treatment.
- Travelling to receive treatment abroad.
- Have been given terminal prognosis for a medical condition.
- Any issues faced due to theft or loss of passport when left unattended or if you don’t report the loss to local police authorities.
- In case of loss of checked baggage, no partial loss or damage shall become payable.
- War or nuclear threat in the country where you’re travelling
- Any emergency financial assistance claims made after you’ve returned to India
The details mentioned above are for Reliance Travel Care Policy.