Here's why you should switch to Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance-
With annual multi-trip travel insurance, you enjoy a flexible protection for all your trips abroad during a year. The coverage offered with this policy is similar to that of a single-trip travel insurance plan. However, it minimizes the hassle of buying travel insurance for every trip separately. What’s more? Switching to annual multi-trip travel insurance is much more economical and will save you an amount of up to Rs. 3400*.
*Calculation of premium for Single Trip Insurance has been derived assuming that an individual who is 40 years old, travelling to ‘Worldwide including USA & Canada’ for 45 days and for Annual Mutli-Trip Travel Insurance is for an individual who is 40 years old, travelling to Worldwide including USA & Canada for 45 days of single trip. Above mentioned rates are exclusive of taxes. The tax rates/benefits mentioned above are subject to changes in the tax laws.
Loss of passport
Total loss of checked-in baggage*
Delay of checked-in baggage
Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalisation (25
7 days max
6 days max
5 days max
Trip Cancellation & Interruption (6 days max)
60 per day
50 per day
30 per day
Home Burglary Insurance (Amount in Rs)
Total loss of checked-in bagagge*
Delay of checked-in bagagge
Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalisation (25 per day)
7 days max
6 days max
5 days max
Trip Cancellation & Interruption
Home Burglary Insurance
(Amount in Rs)
*Total loss of checked baggage-Maximum amount payable per checked in baggage in case more than one bag has been checked in is 50% (100% for only one checked in baggage) of applicable sum insured and per item in baggage max 10%.
to view the detailed table of coverage.
What does the policy cover?
Frequent flyers, with our annual multi trip travel insurance policy you are insured for all of the following things while you’re travelling!
- Accidental bodily injury during the trip
- Acute anaesthetic treatment of teeth due to an injury
- Emergency expenses made for medical evacuation to India
- Insurance against burglary in your home, while you are travelling abroad
- Special distress allowance if your plane is hijacked for more than 12 hours
- Cost of obtaining a fresh or duplicate passport in case of a lost passport
- Facility to provide you emergency cash in case you lose travel funds due
- to theft
- Expenses incurred if you miss a connecting flight due to a delay of more than 3 hours
- Compensation for death or permanent disability due to an accident, while riding as a passenger in a common carrier
- Expenses incurred if a trip is cancelled or interrupted due to airline, medical, personal employment problems or natural disasters
- Emergency medical expenses incurred by you or any of your family members whilst abroad, for any sudden illness, injury or death
- Expenses incurred while transporting the insured’s mortal remains back home or towards burial abroad in case of an untimely demise
- Expenses incurred if a trip is delayed for more than 12 hours due to airline, medical, personal employment problems or natural disasters
- If your checked baggage is delayed more than 12 hours, your essential expenses shall be reimbursed. In case of total loss of baggage by the common carrier, we will provide compensation for the same
- Reimbursement of return ticket fare for a family member visiting you, the insured, if you’re hospitalised for more than 7 days
- Compensation for a third party in case your involuntarily actions result in someone’s demise, cause someone injury or damage to health or property
What does the policy not cover?
We have tried and made sure you get the maximum benefits with our
travel insurance, unfortunately, you’re not covered under the annual multi trip annual travel insurance for the following while you’re off discovering the world!
- Pre-existing medical conditions, unless it’s a life threatening condition
- Life threatening conditions covered only arising out of disclosed pre-existing diseases, which are mentioned in the policy schedule, for people up to 70 years of age. Customers need to declare all pre-existing diseases while taking the policy.
- Claims arising out of non- disclosed and non-declared pre-existing medical conditions will not be covered.
- Expenses incurred due to any of the following conditions:
- Self-inflicted injuries or illnesses
- Mental disorder
- Anxiety, stress or depression
- Venereal diseases
- Alcohol/drug abuse
- Expenses incurred if you’re...
- Traveling against the advice of physician and have to be hospitalised
- Receiving or are on a waiting list for specified medical treatment
- Travelling to receive treatment abroad
- Have been given terminal prognosis for a medical condition
- Any issues faced due to theft or loss of passport when left unattended or if you don’t report the loss to local police authorities
- In case of loss of checked baggage, no partial loss or damage shall become payable
- War or nuclear threat in the country where you’re travelling
- Any emergency financial assistance claims made after you’ve returned to India
Want to extend your trip? Take a look at this-
If your holiday is extended for any reason, we recommend that you extend your travel insurance policy. It always better to be safe than sorry! Download and fill the Extension Form with
Good Health Declaration form & visit the nearest branch.
The details mentioned above are for Reliance Travel Care Policy.