What does this policy cover?
The Reliance Marine Cargo Insurance Policy covers loss or damage to cargo in transit by:
Land: Road or railway
Waterways: Ships, inclusive of every description of vessel used in navigation
Air: Aircraft used for the transport of cargo, among others
Government or private postal services
The coverage provided under these policies ranges from a restricted form of cover, e.g. Fire and Lightning perils only, to the widest available form of cover, namely, All Risks, at the option of the insured.
The different types of marine cargo insurance polices are:
Specific Policy: Covers those specified risks under marine cargo sent or received during the policy period.
Open Policy: Provides automatic and continuous insurance protection to all shipments sent/ received during the policy period.
Open Cover: Similar to Open Policy, this variant covers loss or damage to cargo where a specific stamped certificate is issued for the declaration made.
- Worldwide claims survey and settlement assistance
- Network of surveyors all over the country
- Customized and innovative covers based on your needs
- Extensions for multi-transit, incidental storage, FOB, riot and strikes perils etc.
- Discounts for voluntary higher excess, lesser distance, etc