The following is a list of major exclusions in the office insurance policy. For an exhaustive understanding of the exclusions, kindly refer the office package policy wordings:
1. Fire & Allied Perils
- Loss, destruction or damage caused by war, invasion etc
- Destruction caused due to volcanic eruptions
- Radioactive toxic, explosives or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- Loss, destruction or damage to bullion or unset precious stones or any curios or works of art of an amount exceeding Rs. 10,000/-manuscripts, plans, drawings, securities, obligations or documents of any kind, stamps, coins or paper money, cheques, books of accounts or other business books, computer systems records, explosives unless otherwise expressly stated in the office insurance policy.
- Loss, destruction or damage caused to the insured property by pollution or contamination
2. Burglary & Housebreaking
The company will not be liable in respect of loss or damage:
- Any burglary and/or housebreaking where the insured persons family member is responsible or involved
- To livestock, motor vehicles and pedal cycles
3. Money Insurance
- Shortage of money due to error or omission
- Loss of money entrusted to any person than insured, authorized employee of insured or directors
4. Fixed Glass and Sanitary Fittings
- Breakage of damage during removal. Alterations and/or repairs in or about the office premises
- Disfiguration or scratching or damage of glass sanitary fittings
- Breakage of glass, sanitary fittings which are not completely and securely fixed
- Glass or sanitary fittings already damaged at the commencement of the office insurance policy
5. Neon Sign/Glow Sign/Hoardings
- Fusing or burning out of any bulb and/or tubes arising from short circuiting or arcing or any other mechanical or electrical breakdown or faults.
- The action of sun, rain, hail, flood, bad weather.
6. Personal Accident
- Death or disablement resulting directly or indirectly caused by, contributed to or aggravated or prolonged by childbirth or from pregnancy or in consequence thereof.
- Payment of weekly compensation until the total amount shall have been ascertain and agreed.