If you are planning a foreign trip, do remember that even if there are excellent things you would come across while travelling, ensure to have a trip insurance before stepping out of your house for foreign trip. If you are looking for good deals on international travel insurance coverages, then shop around and check the details of policies offered by different travel insurance companies - like the premium cost, the coverages, the exclusions, other benefits, etc.
It is advisable to choose complete trip insurance including coverages like trip cancellation cover. This cover protects you starting from the moment you book your tickets, till you depart for your planned trip. Therefore, it is very important to book you trip insurance well in advance. If you buy your international travel insurance in the last minute, you might not get trip cancellation coverage.
In order to buy the best trip insurance policy at the most affordable price, take a note of following things are the time of buying a trip insurance:
1. Shop around and do a comparative study of premium quotes offered by different companies
2. If at the time of buying trip insurance policy you have a medical issue, do a double check of the medical coverages mentioned in the policy ad procedure for declaring the same.
3. For medical emergency like situations, keep your policy details like Emergency Assistance telephone numbers, international travel insurance policy number, etc. handy.
4. Ensure that you understand the exclusions mentioned in the policy.
5. There might be possibilities that the expenses towards loss of money, tickets, valuables might not be covered by all international travel insurance policies. Therefore, before signing on the dotted line go through the terms & conditions thoroughly.