Many people amongst us suffer helplessly due to asthma attacks. So, on the occasion of World Asthma Day, let us try closing gaps in asthma care through a few home remedies.
1. Garlic: It is suitable in the early stages of asthma as it can quickly clear congestion in the lungs.
2. Coffee: It aids in breathing by clearing the airways, ensuring that one can breathe smoothly.
3. Ginger: Recent studies encourage the use of ginger for people living with asthma as it has improved symptoms.
4. Honey: Mixing honey in the drink soothes the throat & helps to clear the airways. It has anti-inflammatory properties too.
5. Omega-3 acids: Foods like flax seeds, berries, chia seeds, and fish oil reduce airway inflammation & also help enhance lung function.**
6. Figs: Fig infused water calms difficult breathing by aiding respiratory health.
7. Onions: Eating raw onions helps to clear the throat & has a positive effect on reducing constriction of the airways.
8. Lemon Juice: They are rich in Vitamin C & help in reducing asthma symptoms.^^
9. Carom Seeds (Ajwain): It is a natural bronchodilator. Inhaling the steam of the seed or wrapping a cloth soaked in warm carom seed improves airflow to the lungs.
Something to avoid:*
1. Diets high in calories
2. Foods one has an intolerance or allergy to
3. Food that contains "sulfites" preservatives
4. Oily spicy food that causes gastric disorders
5. Heavy bedtime meals