Let's celebrate World Chocolate Day along with the facts!
The world has been celebrating this day since July 7, 1550. #
Do U know? *
1. Chocolate contains flavonol called epicatechin, which fights inflammation and protects against cell damage caused by free radicals.
2. This anti-oxidant property balances the immune system, too, by fighting against free radicals.
3. Frequent intake of dark chocolate reduces the risk of heart disease.
4. Epicatechin protects cells & helps the body use insulin better, thereby combating diabetes.
5. Chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay.
6. It also has a positive impact on the brain function by increasing blood flow and reducing levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
7. Dark chocolate increases nitric oxide production in the blood and supports circulation,
8. It allows athletes to maintain workout intensity.
9. White chocolate is not technically chocolate as it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor.
The added sugar in Chocolates may not be advisable, so go Dark (at least 70% cacao content) for health benefits & reduced sugar.
Note, in some people, chocolate can trigger acid reflux or migraines; consider seeking help from a registered dietitian, nutritionist or other qualified health professional.
Let's Treat your Heart to Dark Chocolate!