In industries and factories dealing with hazardous goods and substances, untoward incidents can happen.
The Public Liability Act, 1991 helps the Individuals, commercial, industrial and other organisations handling hazardous goods and substances to provide through insurance, immediate relief, to persons affected due to accident due to handling of such hazardous substances on ‘No Fault Liability’ basis.
As per the Act, anyone who owns, controls or handles hazardous chemicals as detailed in the provisions of the Act should take Public Liability (Act) insurance.
Reliance Public Liability (Act) Insurance Policy provides immediate relief to anyone who owns, controls or handles hazardous chemicals as detailed in the provisions of the Act and is required to take Public Liability (Act) insurance.
This policy can be taken by anyone who owns, controls, or handles hazardous chemicals as detailed in the provisions of the Act.
This Policy does not cover liability:
- Arising out of willful or intentional non-compliance with any statutory provisions
- In respect of fines, penalties, punitive and/or exemplary damages
- In respect of damage to property owned, leased, hired, or under hire purchase, or on loan to the insured or otherwise in the insured owner's control, care, or custody.
- Directly or indirectly caused by:
- War or war like perils
- Nuclear perils or radioactivity