Your vacation will be ten times more enjoyable when you will be assured that you have taken care of unpredictable things by buying travel insurance. A number of things can go wrong on holiday spoiling the fun of your vacation. Travel insurance is meant to preserve that fun and let you enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
With hundreds of travel insurance policies available, it becomes confusing to choose the right one. The right travel insurance policy is the one that provides coverage for all your needs and not the one that includes everything. Here are smart tips to choose the right travel insurance plan.
Nature of travel insurance
Select the plan on the basis of who is travelling as travel insurance plans vary as per the need of the purchaser.
- You can choose single trip insurances if you want it just for one trip. This plan can be selected for a single person as well as for your spouse and children who are coming with you.
- If you are a frequent flyer, you can go for annual travel insurance that covers all your trips.
- If you are going to study abroad, you can go with student travel insurance.
Coverage provided by the policy
Before purchasing the travel insurance, understand the nature of coverage your policy provides. There are two types of coverage;
- -Primary Travel Insurance is meant to give you on-spot coverage in case of an emergency.
- -Secondary Travel Insurance have provision for reimbursement. You need to pay from your own pocket at the time of emergency and insurer pays you back after claiming.
Understand the nature of medical coverage of your travel insurance policy along with the circumstances when you can claim for them. Confirm if your insurance covers the pre-existing health issue you or any family member travelling with you is suffering from. The premium for travel insurance is generally high in cases like consumption of tobacco and/or alcohol or serious medical issue. However, it is important to disclose them while buying insurance.
There is nothing as annoying as losing your baggage while arriving at your holiday city. Fortunately, some travel insurances provide coverage for lost baggage. The only thing you must check carefully is that if your valuables are included in the coverage.
You must check all the inclusions and exclusions carefully. If your trip includes adventure sports, carefully check for specific clauses your policy has for adventure activities. Generally, adventure sports like bungee jumping, sky-diving, etc. are not included in coverage in case an emergency happens.
Some travel insurances provide coverage if you cancel your trip abruptly due to particular reasons like,
- -Medical emergency in the close family
- -A sickness of travelling partner
- -Asked to return by legal authorities
Above were some smart tips. Check plans travel insurance online and have a happy holiday.