When you are going to another country, there are a lot uncertainties and unpredictable situations you may encounter. It is because of this that you need to be preparing yourself against all possible eventualities to be on a safer side when things take a turn for the worse.
The US is one of the most popular international destinations. Every destination/country has its unique demands and risks that we need to safeguard ourselves against. Uncle Sam is no different. If you plan to visit America, it is a good idea to have a list of things, a travel checklist that will help you stay safe in case of an untoward incident. Let’s take a look at a few pointers for this list.
It won’t be wrong to say that medical/health coverage forms the most critical aspect of any
international travel insurance policy
. This is because of the fact that the cost of availing medical treatment in the west is quite high. This scenario is more pronounced in the countries of Canada and the US. Thus, when you are visiting the US, it is important that you exercise extra caution with regards to your health. Here is where an overseas medical insurance associated with a travel health insurance policy comes into the picture. While an
international health insurance policy for US
takes care of you when a medical emergency occurs, it is always better to take some efforts for prevention too. After all, prevention is always better than cure. A list of items from the healthcare perspective while going to the US could look like:
- A portable first aid kit. It can come very handy during a medicals emergency.
- Medicines, properly packed in containers. Make sure you label them for ease of use or buy a pill box.
- Prescription sheet. This is important if would require to purchase medicines that are not available over-the-counter.
- Immunization record. Before leaving for US, it advisable that you consult your doctor with regards to any immunization that might be needed.
Once you have all the health related things in place, you have to ensure that you are covered in the documents and paperwork department. Some of the important things are:
Passport: This is of utmost importance. Make sure to email yourself a photocopy of the same as well as carry a backup hard copy so that you are safe if the passport gets lost.
Visa: The same is applicable to visa as with the passport.
Flight tickets: Ensure you have a backup copy with you.
- Hotel reservation receipts.
- International Driver’s permit ( if required )
Other than the aforementioned, it also makes to carry a few miscellaneous items as well. They can be-
- Ensure you have all your credit/debit cards
- Carry sufficient amount of cash in case there is a problem with your cards
- Phone numbers of family / business contacts and the Indian embassy
- Adapters/ Chargers for your electronic gadgets
- A bunch of passport size photos. They may come handy for permits/passes.