In event of any accident damage loss of your vehicle, a car insurance plan is your savior. It also protects you financially if your vehicle is stolen.
An automobile insurance policy offers risk coverage for a car or any two wheeler vehicle which runs on fuel and needs a license. Today there are many companies which offer car insurance in India.
As per Indian law, it is compulsory for any vehicle owner to buy a motor insurance
. If you are caught driving without any motor insurance, you will have to face related consequences.
The penalties for driving without insurance is different for different countries, however, some of the common punishments are as follows:
- Driving without a motor insurance shall result in suspension of your driving license.
- In addition, your vehicle’s registration too shall be suspended.
- As a penalty for driving without insurance, you would be charged a fine of Rs. 1000, and/or be imprisoned for 3 months.
Car insurance in India are basically of two types: a) Comprehensive and b) Third Party Only.
While the third party only insurance offers risk coverage only in case of damage/losses caused to the third party; the comprehensive car insurance cover
also takes care of your personal loss/damage in event of an accident.
A motor insurance with comprehensive cover generally does not include following risks:
1. Normal vehicle depreciation
2. Regular wear and tear
3. Any damage/loss incurred due to drunken driving
4. Any damage/loss incurred when driving without proper licenses