Theft, break-ins or burglaries at your office, warehouse, shop or industry can bring about a huge financial loss to you. Its important to shield your business from the risk of such occurrences. The Reliance Burglary and Housebreaking Insurance policy provides you with the right kind of cover for such times of distress.
The Reliance Burglary and Housebreaking Insurance Policy covers:
- Stocks, furniture and other property (owned by the insured) in the business premises.
- Stocks held in trust/ commission and for which the insured is responsible, if specifically covered
- Damage to premises resulting from burglary and/or housebreaking or any attempt at burglary
- Cash, jewelry, valuables and securities kept in a locked safe or a cash box in a locked steel cupboard, if specifically covered
The following variations with regard to sum insured can be opted for:
- Floater policy: Issued for stocks at various locations under one sum insured
- Declaration policy: Takes care of frequent fluctuations in stocks/ stock values
- Floater declaration policy: Comprises features of both floater and the declaration policies
The policy does not cover the following loss or damage:
- Loss of goods held in trust/ commission, jewelry, curios, title deeds, and business books unless specifically covered
- Burglary without any forcible entry
- Shop lifting, acts where insured or his/her family members or employees are involved
- Losses recoverable under fire/ plate glass insurance policy
- War threats and nuclear perils
- Riot, strike and malicious damage unless specifically covered
- Consequential loss or legal liability of any kind
- Premises left uninhabited for seven or more consecutive days unless specifically agreed upon
- Uninformed material alteration in the premises
This policy can be bought by anyone who is exposed to the risk of Burglary and Housebreaking.