During construction, the erection phase of a project is vital. The associated risks are also very high and destruction and damage to property can cause unimaginable losses. Protect your business against diverse risks with the Reliance Erection All Risks/ Storage Policy, from the time your equipment is shipped till it is erected onsite.
Section I – Material Damage
- Cover for any unforeseen and sudden damage to the insured property during the following phases
- Reimbursement of the cost of clearance and removal of debris due to any event giving rise to an admissible claim under the policy
- Covers damage caused to the property insured by explosion or otherwise directly caused by:
- An act of terrorism committed by a person or persons acting on behalf of or in connection with any organization
- The action of any lawfully constituted authority in suppressing or attempting to suppress any such act referred to in (i) above or minimizing the consequences thereof.
Section II - Third Party Liability
This Section covers :
- Covers accidental loss or damage caused to property of other person including property held in trust by or under custody of the Insured for which he is responsible. This would exclude any such property used in connection with erection.
- Legal liability (excluding liability under contract) for fatal or non-fatal injury to any persons other than the Insured;s own employees, or employees of other firms connected with any other erection work, or members of the Insured;s family, directly consequent upon or solely due to the erection of any insured property.
Includes coverage of all costs and expenses of litigation recovered by any claimant from the Insured, and all costs and expenses incurred with the written consent of the company.
The policy provides for following extensions for a seamless cover:
- Contractors plant and machinery equipment up to sum insured of Rs. 25 lakhs or 5 per cent of EAR/SCE sum insured whichever is lower
- Expenses towards clearance and removal of debris
- Cross liability, civil works, and surrounding property coverage
- Escalation up to 50 per cent of EAR/SCE sum insured
- Earthquake on extra premium
- Damages during maintenance period
- Liability of principals, contractors as well as subcontractors
- Transit of project materials from suppliers to the site
- Additional transits to/from fabricators
This policy does not cover the following:
- Loss or damage due to faulty design, defective material or casting and bad workmanship
- Cost of rectification or correction of any error during erection not resulting in physical loss
- Damage to files, drawings, accounts and bills
- Scratching of painted or polished surface, breakage of glasses, aesthetic defects
- War and nuclear perils, and consequential losses
- Willful act/ negligence, loss discovered at the time of taking inventory, And normal wear and tear
- Penalties for non-fulfillment of contractual obligations, operational deficiencies
- Costs of any alterations, additions and / or improvements after a claim
- Third party liability, contractual liabilities, and accidents caused by road, water and air borne vehicles