Sign In

Reliance General Insurance

Details & Documents for filing Claim

​In case you have to report a claim under Motor Insurance​, please call our Helpline number 1800 3009 (Toll free) as soon as a claim occurs.

Details you will need to provide us to file a claim are as follows:

  • Policy number
  • Your contact numbers
  • Name of insured person
  • Date & time of accident
  • Vehicle number
  • Make and model of the vehicle
  • Location of loss
  • Extent of loss
  • Brief description of how the accident took place
  • Garage name (with contact details)
  • Contact details and name of the insured person (if the person intimating the claim is not insured)


List of documents you should keep ready while making a claim.

​Accident Damages:

  • Proof of Insurance - Policy / Cover Note copy
  • Copy of Registration Book, Tax Receipt (Original required for verification)
  • Copy of Motor Driving License (with original) of the person driving the vehicle at the material time
  • Police Panchanama / FIR (In case of third-party property damage/ death / body injury)
  • Estimate for repairer, where the vehicle is to be repaired
  • Repair bills and payment receipts after the job is completed

In the case that the car insurance​ claim is to be paid to repairer submit the following along with the documents mentioned above:

  • Claims Discharge Cum Satisfaction Voucher signed across a Revenue stamp in this format.

Theft Cases:

  • Original Certificate/Policy Document
  • Original Registration Book, with Theft endorsement from concerned RTO, and tax payment receipt
  • Previous Insurance Details :
    - Policy number
    - Insuring office / company
    - Period of insurance
  • All the sets of keys/service booklets/Warranty card
  • Police Panchanama / FIR and final investigation report/JMFC report
  • Acknowledged copy of letter address to RTO intimating theft and making vehicle "NON-USE"

On Admission of Liability:

  • Form 28, 29 and 30 signed by the insured
  • Form 35 signed by the Financer, as the case may be, (undated and blank), on admission of liability of insurers.
  • Letter of subrogation
  • Consent towards agreed claim settlement value from you and Financer
  • NOC of the Financer if claim is to be settled in insured's favour.
  • Claim Discharge Voucher signed across a Revenue Stamp (Format Attached below).

***Please note above list is only indicative. We may call for additional documents/information or may arrange for our representative to verify the facts of the case if required.