Athlete's foot is a common infection caused by the tinea fungus. Athlete's foot is not serious.
- scaly skin between your toes
Tinea grows best in damp, dark and warm places, which is why it often develops between your toes. It can spread to your toenails, as well, making them thick and crumbly.
You can get athlete's foot from damp surfaces, such as locker room floors.
How to prevent athlete's foot?
- To prevent it Wash your feet every day
- Dry your feet well, especially between your toes
- Wear clean socks
- Don't walk barefoot in public areas
- Wear flip-flops in locker room showers
Include over-the-counter antifungal creams for most cases and prescription medicines for more serious infections.
Quick Bytes by Reliance General Insurance:
Health concerns on your mind? Protect yourself and your family under best health insurance plan – Reliance HealthGain. Insurance is subject matter of solicitation.