Dandruff is defined as the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp at an excessive rate. Dandruff is an overproduction and build-up of dead skin cells. It occurs as snowy dust-like flakes. Dandruff may occur in any age group and at any time. In cases of chronic dandruff, the condition may affect the skin around the nose, eyes, ears and chest area.
- Impairment of general health
- Taking of wrong foods or unbalanced diet
- Scalp infection
- Low vitality due to infectious diseases
- Improper and infrequent hair washing
- Other factors contributing to this disorder are emotional tension, harsh shampoos, exposure to cold and general exhaustion
- Diet plays an important role in the treatment of dandruff
- All-fruit diet for about five days and take three meals a day of juicy fruits. Citrus fruits, bananas, dried, stewed, or tinned fruits should not be taken
- The patient can gradually adopt a well-balanced diet, with emphasis on raw foods, especially fresh fruits and vegetables
- The foremost consideration in the treatment of this disorder is to keep the hair and scalp clean so as to minimize the accumulation of dead cells
- Use of Nizral shampoo can help in scalp fungal infection
- Use of Trichovit tablets helps in hair nourishment
- Try to avoid hair dyes, hair dryers, frequent oiling and others
Quick Bytes by Reliance General Insurance:
Health concerns on your mind? Protect yourself and your family under best health insurance plan – Reliance HealthGain. Insurance is subject matter of solicitation.