Health insurance was not really a matter of concern for many till recently. Following the inflation and sky rocketing cost of living, people are coming forward to buy health insurance plans to maintain their financial stability in the time of medical emergency. Amid the rise in demand for health insurance, today we also see a rise in interest and demand for health insurance for women.
There are many customized plans of health insurance for women. These policies are designed after considering women specific illnesses, in addition to the common form of health conditions. Unlike earlier, today many health insurance providers offer health insurance plans specific to women. Some of these plans also offer coverage for critical illnesses like some named cancers.
There are broadly two types of health insurance policies for women - individual health insurance women plans and family health insurance plans. Some these health insurance for women also cover women centric needs like maternity, etc.
Buying a health insurance plan for women is very easy, thanks to online services offered by health insurance companies. If you are looking for a health insurance for women, you can logon to internet and perform a comparative study of different health insurance plans for women available in market. Following the comparison and research, you can buy your health insurance online.
Things to consider while choosing a health insurance for women:
1. Check your type of plan, i.e. whether it is family floater health insurance or individual health insurance.
2. Does your health insurance for women plan covers pre-existing diseases?
3. Some health insurance plans offer coverage for certain diseases only after a specified waiting period. Check for any similar clause in your health insurance for women plan.
4. Does your health insurance plan offers any value added services?
5. Does your health insurance plan offers maternity cover? If yes, check if there is any waiting period for same?