Of late, travel insurance is as important as carrying a passport while boarding a flight. Recently, a few incidents related to air travel have made India travel insurance a must have for each and every traveller as there is no assurance of what is going to happen next. When you are in your home country, you protect yourself by buying a life insurance or mediclaim; then why not protect yourself during a trip? Thinking that your trip will be comfortable and safe is good but being over confident about it and therefore not making any provisions for sudden happenings is a big mistake. Travel insurance keeps you safe against all types of events during a trip. The best part is that buying India travel insurance is as simple as booking the flight tickets. All you need to do is browse a lot and find out the best policy, make payment and you are safe to travel anywhere in the world. The awareness towards buying India travel insurance has increased a lot more in the recent times. For those who do not know how to buy India travel insurance, here are a few steps that will make your purchase easier –
You can start off by choosing the right policy according to the destination. If you are going to a foreign country, it is highly advisable to go for a good travel insurance policy as most good policies include comprehensive health cover which takes care of everything right from transporting a person to the hospital, room charges, doctor's consultation and medical expenses.
- Choose a policy depending on the nature of your trip. If you are embarking on an adventure trip, it is ideal for you to choose a policy that covers you against injuries related to adventure sports. Most policies do not cover adventure sports. However, you can get an additional cover by paying a little higher premium.
- You must buy travel insurance policy from an insurance company lets you buy a travel insurance policy online. You should buy a policy online as you have to pay a little extra as commission if you are buying it from an agent.
- Log on to the website of an insurance company and quickly go to the section of travel insurance. You will be redirected to a page which will have a detailed explanation in terms of the number of plans and their respective offerings.
- You will have to mention a few details like your nationality, the kind of policy you need (single trip or multi trip) etc etc. This information will eventually determine your premium.
- If you are looking for a travel insurance policy which covers your family members as well, you can opt for the family floater policy. You will have to share some basic details about your family members when you buy this policy.
- Before buying a policy, you and your family members will be asked about your pre-existing illness if any. You must get in touch with the insurance company and clarify these details as hiding anything from the insurance company will land you in a trouble at a later stage.
- Finally, you can make the payment based on the policy you have chosen.